Eurotux Firewall updated to version 5.12
Eurotux’s Research and Development team is constantly searching for new ways of improving this solution, with a proactive attitude with regards to IT security. With the discovery the Shellshock bug, it created a new release providing the necessary corrections so that users wouldn’t be affected by this large scale vulnerability. Nuno Fernandes, Director of Research and Development at Eurotux, highlights the importance of keeping systems up-to-date, encouraging all system administrators to complete the immediate upgrade to the latest version
In addition to this important security update, improvements were made regarding features and usability:
- The Squid, a proxy cache, was updated to version 3.4.8;
- The web interface was updated to Webmin version 1.710;
- The firewall module supports drag-and-drop features on its web interface;
- The firewall registries can now be viewed via web interface;
- It is now possible to manage firewall rules that group several machines (netmap file);
- A feature was added that enables VPN IPSec management via web interface.
The eurotux Firewall is an integrated system that stands out for its flexibility and for being extremely safe, efficient and reliable, with a low level of demand on hardware resources. It provides dynamic, scalable and easy to use integrated network protection, improving network performance. It Includes proxy, load balancing, VPN concentrator and application layer (layer 7) filtering features. The latest version can be downloaded at http://downloads.clientes.eurotux.com/etfw/.