Eurotux Firewall updated to version 5.13
The new version includes several improvements in features and the management of the Eurotux Firewall (ETFW). Eurotux highlights the importance of keeping systems up-to-date, encouraging sysadmins to upgrade to the latest version.
This release includes the following new features:
- Improvement in the rule management tool for the shorewall and the squid webmin module;
- Simplification and improvement of the logging management tools;
- Improvement in the cache management tools;
- Added support for log highlighting;
- Error page personalization;
- Unix timestamps conversion support;
- Improvements in notifications for unsaved changes;
- Improvements in support for cluster configuration between ETFW;
- Improvement in support for ETFW data recording via webmin
- Update of the manual with information on the appliance and system startup.
Additionally, bugs were fixed, improving the system’s functioning in general.
The eurotux Firewall is an integrated system, distinguished by its flexibility and for being extremely secure, efficient and reliable, with a low requirement in terms of hardware resources. It provides a dynamic, scalable, and easy to use, integrated network security, while improving network performance. Its features include proxy, load balancing, VPN concentrator and application layer filtering (layer 7). The latest version can be downloaded at http://downloads.clientes.eurotux.com/etfw/.