COVID-19: Teleworking while keeping information security
The information security must also be a priority for telecommuters, because besides the several benefits it brought, now there are new types of vulnerabilities to be exploited by hackers.
Teleworking is already a reality in Eurotux as it is in many other businesses due to COVID-19. To help flattening the curve, social isolation is required hence the worldwide remote working solution.
Even though there are several benefits, some risks are to be considered regarding remote working in terms of information security. The cybersecurity enterprise Sophos found that there are about 8400 connections in Portugal that are vulnerable to attacks.
As the number of vulnerable connections increases, hackers have the perfect opportunity for attacks like phishing campaigns, DDoS and Ransomware, so the portuguese National Cybersecurity Center (CNCS) has published some advices on good teleworking practices.
Teleworking best practices
- Use only authorised devices;
- Do not share those devices with family members;
- Make sure all of the device are up to date, with antivirus and firewall activated;
- Make backups regularly to an external device;
- Avoid using public places wifi and always use yours organization VPN;
- Do not open email or SMS, nor click in unknown attached files or links;
- Do not share professional information on social media;
- Make sure that your domestic wifi has a strong password.
Over the last few weeks, Eurotux has been helping their customers and shared some important tips for this new reality.
Eurotux security tips for teleworking
- Monitor your infrastructure to find vulnerabilities;
- Have a well defined access policy;
- Use end-to-end security always you can;
- Keep your cloud safe;
- Protect yourself against Ransomware;
- Use two-factor authentication;
- Validate your system’s security through intrusion tests and vulnerability analysis;
- Coach and raise awareness of your users.
Eurotux proudly owns a Sophos Gold Partner title, and it offers some of the best solutions for the protection of IT systems. Our security integrated services cover all of our clients’ infrastructure, and includes security audit, permanent monitoring, firewall, endpoint protection, email protection, backups, encryption, disaster recovery and others that can be seen on the image.
Discover, also, the Remote Work Solution. In only 10 minutes, this platform allows you and your team to be equipped with software that grants access to internal systems of your organization, talk and share screens while video conferencing, and communicate through chat.
Interested in any of our solutions or do you want further information? Contact us through the email: email@example.com.